1) Do I have an up-to-date, accurate template from a trustworthy source?
2) Do I know the correct language needed to make administration as efficient and inexpensive as possible for my loved ones after my death?
3) Do I understand the relationship between a Will and jointly owned property or property with transfer on death designations?
4) Do I know what a residuary clause is and how to include one in my Will?
5) Do I know how to execute a Will properly in my state of residence?
6) Once I have a Will, do I know how and when to update it?
7) If my Will is declared invalid after my death, do I know how my assets would pass according to state intestacy law, and am I comfortable with that outcome?
8) Have I compared the cost of attorney’s fees to prepare my estate plan now versus the cost of fees to defend a Will contest or help with a “messy” estate administration caused by a DIY Will?
9) Can I truly draft my Will to fit my specific needs without the help of a knowledgeable attorney?
10) Is a Will even the best document for me, or would I be better served with a trust or alternative estate plan?